All ages are welcome including youngsters, budding rockers or adult hobbyists. Certainly, no previous experience is necessary but some students are well advanced. The typical lesson is 30 minutes in length but 45 minute and 60 minute lessons are sometimes available as well. The scope of instruction, including instruments and musical styles is briefly outlined below:
• The Acoustic Steel String or Nylon String Guitar.
• The Electric Guitar.
• The Electric Bass Guitar, Fretted or Fretless including Walking Lines, Playing with a Drummer and Slap and Pop Technique.
• Fingerstyle or Plectrum (Pick).
• Classical, study of the Standard Repertoire.
• Rock or Popular, Current or Classic – Vocal Accompaniment. This is a huge portion of the professional guitarist’s activity.
• Blues, Electric or Fingerstyle.
• Jazz, Solo or Ensemble.
• Reading Music including Tablature, Standard Notation and Chord Frames as suited.
• Music Theory including Harmony, Rhythm, Scales or Modes and Improvisation in a variety of settings.
• The Ukulele
• Audition Preparation.
• Technique, always - it’s the foundation; it’s the future...
In terms of style or genre, interests can and do change and so, flexibility is a core tenet within the overall plan. Some students have eclectic tastes from the onset and wish to pursue or at least seek an introduction to a variety of styles including rock, jazz, popular, country or folk. On the other hand, some students may not have a particular stylistic aspiration in mind and that’s quite as well.
At other times, there isn’t an interest in a longer term approach or commitment. Perhaps just help in preparing for an upcoming audition or aid in the learning of a specific tune or technique is the sole desire. So, as the schedule permits, the attempt to construct a flexible plan for those individuals will be made.
The fee schedule for a private, one to one music lesson is as follows:
• 30 Minutes - $25.00
• 45 Minutes - $35.00
• 60 Minutes - $45.00
• Cancellation: Should the need to cancel a lesson arise, please give at least 24 hours notice. Earlier notification is by far better and preferred as other students seeking make-up lessons could use your time. Notable exceptions would include illness and emergencies.
• Make-Up Lesson: When given sufficient notice, every attempt will be made to schedule a mutually convenient make-up lesson.
• Teacher Cancellation: If I cancel a lesson, it will be your choice of a make-up lesson or credit. You will never be charged for my cancellations. This is an infrequent event.
Please contact Brian for more information regarding specific available times or other questions: